Sunday, August 2, 2009

QBs and Roman Emperors

 
So with football season approaching and this being the month of August, I had this idea for a blog mini-series of sorts. In case you didn't know, August is named after Augustus Caesar, the first emperor of Rome; similarly, July is named after Julius Caesar. That got me thinking, what if I did a series of comparisons between NFL quarterbacks and Roman emperors? The more I thought about it, I realized it might be a lot of fun. Correction: it might be lot of fun for me. Hey I might as well attempt give something back to the community, and this blog has been about nothing so far anyway. And if you're a fan of Roman history aren't you now curious to see which QB is Caligula? Nero? Philip the Arab?

I'm gonna kick things off, pun intended, in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment